Benefits & Cheyenne Lifestyle
The Cheyenne Police Department offers many benefits that officers can take advantage of, including:
- Patrol Officer Entry Level Annual Salary $51,509; Patrol Officer Top Level Annual Salary $67,186 (See cost of living comparison with other areas)
- Multiple Police Specialties along with Specialty Pay
- Overtime opportunities
- No Social Security contributions
- Traditional and Roth 457 Plans
- 20 year defined benefit retirement plan
- Paid Vacation
- 4 day, 10 hour work week
- On duty workout program
- One-to-One take home car program
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Equipment furnished by the department
Quality of Life in Cheyenne
The community of Cheyenne, located in the great State of Wyoming, provides many benefits to potential employees. These include no state income tax, plenty of outdoor activities, and quality family living. Check out the video Biking, Climbing, and Beer in Wyoming, created by photojournalist Shane Reynolds. Other quality of life videos including, Live the Legend in Cheyenne, can be found on the Visit Cheyenne YouTube Channel.
For additional information about the city check out the City of Cheyenne web site.
We also have multiple officers working for the CPD who balance military duties with work, check out this highlight on Officer Chapin.